Saturday, 18 November 2006

My First Attempt at Ottobre



I have recently subscribed to the infamous Ottobre pattern books from Finland, and have been admiring all the lovely patterns that I would love to attempt to make.
I am pleased to say that I have completed my first dress from the books. It is a lovely little sundress for Lucy in Perth. This is a combined Christmas and Christening present (since the dress I made her as a Christening present was NEVER going to fit - what was I thinking??).

So, I hope Lucy (and her Mum, Libby) like it, and I hope it fits this time.

I would make this pattern again......now I just need a girl who will be 6 months old in the Summer months.......

9 comments:

Natalie said...

That is gorgeous!!! Well done on your first Ottobre, you've done a fantastic job.

ingrid said...

WOW WEE!!! That is gorgeous. I love the ribbon ties at the back, and the fabrics look gorgeous together!

novy said...

That is beautiful. I want Ottobre too!

tigerfilly said...

Belinda, that is just absolutely beautiful!! I love the colours!

Hannahmania said...

I have the same fabric that you used for the bodice to make Hannah some PJ shorts for summer (nice and light, and hopefully will stop her ripping her nappy off!!) I got it from the reminants bin... lol

LOVE the dress!! I can see that I am not going to have the patience for Ottobre...

Helen said...

Belinda! This is really beautiful! Well done! I haven't been game to make any thing from my Ottobre mag yet!

Andrea said...

I agree with everyone else, the colours and the fabric combination is wonderful.
There is a lot of gathering there!! I love the ribbon ties also, very cute.

Sew Sweet said...

That is absolutely stunning! No wonder you are proud of your efforts, you should be!!

Cass said...

Belinda, it looks fantastic. Great job