Saturday 21 July 2007

More Fabric.....

Well, I just can't help myself.....

The Signature Prints sale was on again today and I had the luxury of going alone! I managed to pick up 2m of a black print, and 40cm of a 'grey' bamboo print. And two pieces of wallpaper. All for $136....bargain (isn't it???).


Then I trotted off to Tessuti for some silk fabrics for my major millinery piece (a bridal piece with tulle veil). Well my eye was drawn to the 'clearance' table in the centre of the room that had the most beautiful cream fake fur on it for 50% off (pictured in the background of the photo).....I just couldn't leave it there (despite the fact that it cost more than all my millinery fabric put together).


And just to show off my husbands fantastic drawing abilities, I am going to post two pieces that he has completed. The BEST (in my opinion) is a picture of "David" that he copied from a postcard that we bought in Florence when we were there. I think he did a brillant job. And then there are just 2 cards that he completed last week for a friends twin boys for their 2nd birthday. James was distraught when we had to hand them over! I really wish he could spend more time drawing as I think he is fantastic at it.

5 comments:

Cass said...

Belinda you got some lovely fabrics but those drawings from Alex are FANTASTIC.

Corrie said...

wow on the purchases and wow on the drawings, nothing creative from my dh but they are amazing!

Kylie said...

Love the fabrics and wall paper. And WOW at Alex's drawings. My DH wants to learn - but has not had the time this year to put into it!

Little Munchkins said...

Alex is really talented, those drawings are amazing! The fabrics and wallpaper are scrumptious too.

Unknown said...

Oh lovely fabric choices Belinda. And the wallpaper love divine too!