Thursday 5 July 2007

Happy Birthday to Me!

OK, well it isn't really a birthday post, but I am going to post the pictures of the quilt that my Mum completed and presented to me for my 30th Birthday.

I bought the fabric for this quilt a few years back, with the intention of making a quilt up for our bed. I knew exactly what I wanted, just never got around to getting very far with it. I stumbled across the fabric about a year ago and decided to give it to Mum to work on in her quilting class (hey, she didn't have to pay for the fabric!!).

It took the whole year (she doesn't get too much time to work on her quilting), but it is now complete!!! I really love it. It is nothing fancy, but I think that the highlight fabric makes it special for me. In the end it became a large single bed quilt.....perfect to drape over a spare bed, or keep near our lounge (the colours work really well with the lounge).

Sorry for the average photos......the sun was a bit crazy that day.




And for something a little different.... While I was looking through the photos on the computer, I came across our photos from Europe in December 2004 (3 months pregnant with James). I will just post a few, because I can.....
All were taken in Paris. The photos that we have of this trip are very precious to us.......because Alex lost one of our Memory Cards (with 600 photos on it) at the end of our trip. We only have photos from the last 2 weeks of the 5 week trip (so so sad).


9 comments:

Leah said...

Look at those photos! Oh Belinda, you are filling me with wanderlust... I would do almost anything to have a photo in front of the Eiffel Tower. And how lovely to know the inside scoop - James' hitching a ride!

Corrie said...

ohhhhhhhhhhh I love paris! hubby worked there for a few years while I was in london and many a happy weekend was spent there!!!! love it......uh oh oh james losing the memory card!!!!!

Cass said...

Belinda the quilt looks beautiful well done to your mum. Love your Paris pics as well makes me think back to my os trip although it was without Jeff

Natalie said...

I love the quilt, the colours are just gorgeous! So sorry to hear of so many photos that got lost - the last two you posted look like they could be postcards.

Andrea said...

I love the quilt too, the colours are great.
I am yet to venture os, just nver got the bug, but love your photos all the same. Poor Alex, I bet he felt terrible about the photos.

Helen said...

Paris! *sigh* Shall we make an annual EB Sewing Girls visit there! Wouldn't that be fantastic? :) Belinda, that quilt is stunning, love it! Lovely warm colours and ths feature print in the middle, works really well. You have a clever mum! My Mum is into quilting too, guess what I got for my 30th? A jarah bookcase made by my Dad! LOL :)

Unknown said...

What a lovely quilt! It must have been wonderful to get it back..

Julie said...

Happy 30th birthday and look at your Europe photos.....nice. What a shame the memory card got lost.
At least you have some photo's and lots of lovely memories.

Lindy said...

Love the photos but they make me sooo sad- someone stole my laptop w/ ALL.MY.PHOTOS. 3 years worth of memories- gone!! All the trips (including Paris) all the day trips *sob*. I joined Flickr the as soon as my replacement laptop arrived.